Spinach dip is a favorite dip for movie night and game days. A creamy base and savory add-ins are two qualities that make a dreamy dip.
And one of the great things about making your own creamy spinach dip is you can rest assured it doesn’t contain any extra preservatives or added sugar.
Whether you’re looking for healthy snacks or an appetizer, this gluten-free spinach dip will be a favorite.
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links are affiliate links and I may earn a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through those links. See my disclosure for more information.
Onion and garlic powder
How to make the easy gluten-free spinach dip recipe
Chop your fresh baby spinach.
Sautee the fresh spinach over medium heat in a frying pan.
Add your cottage cheese, olive oil and spices to a food processor or high-powered blender and blend until smooth creamy texture.
Pour your blended cottage cheese mixture into a greased oven safe dish, add your spinach.
Mix until it is evenly distributed.
Top with parmesan cheese.
Bake/cook for 10 minutes in air fryer at 400 F.
Tips & Tricks
- If you’d like to make this an artichoke spinach dip, mix ½ cup chopped artichoke hearts into the creamy spinach mixture before baking.
- You could use 150g of frozen chopped spinach. Defrost your spinach by placing your frozen spinach package in a bowl of warm water or microwave for about 2-3 minutes. Once your spinach is defrosted, using a cheesecloth or paper towel, squeeze out any excess water.
You can use with cucumber slices or toasted baguettes with this dip. My favorite are warmed tortilla chips, like Thin and Crispy Tostitos.
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- Chop your fresh baby spinach
- Sautee the fresh spinach over medium heat in a frying pan
- Add your cottage cheese, olive oil and spices to a food processor or high-powered blender and blend until smooth creamy texture.
- Pour your blended cottage cheese mixture into a greased oven safe dish, add your spinach.
- Mix until it is evenly distributed.
- Top with parmesan cheese
- Bake/cook 10 minutes in air fryer at 400 F.
- You could use 150g of frozen chopped spinach in place of fresh baby spinach.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 175Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 23mgSodium 534mgCarbohydrates 7gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 15g