Delicious lightened-up banana pudding recipe that will satisfy your sweet tooth and is easier on your waistline.
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links are affiliate links and I may earn a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through those links. See my disclosure for more information.
Almost sugar free banana pudding recipe
Banana pudding is one of my favorite summertime desserts.
I didn’t come to appreciate it until I moved to the South more than 20 years ago. It’s the perfect summertime treat.
You’ll make a few swaps from the traditional banana pudding recipe but you’ll also find that you are getting a little boost of protein by using Greek yogurt. The creaminess from the pudding mix and Cool Whipe sets it up perfectly.
Ingredients you’ll need
To get started making this recipe, you’ll first want to gather all your ingredients first.
Alternatives and Substitutions
- Regular Nilla Wafers: Sugar-free Vanilla Wafer Cookies
- Greek Yogurt: Coconut Yogurt
- Sugar-free, fat-free Jello instant pudding: Regular banana flavored instant pudding mix
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1: Add banana creme sugar-free, fat-free jello pudding mix to Greek yogurt. Mix well.
Step 2: Spread half on the bottom of your container.
Step 3: Layer the cookies on top of the Greek yogurt mixture
Step 4: Combine the Cool Whip with the Greek yogurt mixture.
Step 5: Spread the Cool Whip mixture over base layers of Greek yogurt mixture and cookies.
Step 6: Add the remaining cookies and bananas on top.
Can you believe just how easy that was? Banana pudding is one of my favorite desserts when made right so I am happy to have found a way to make it a little bit healthier.
- 1 vanilla Two Good greek yogurt
- 5 grams sugar free, fat free banana creme pie Jello pudding
- 8 mini vanilla wafers
- 9 grams reduced fat Cool Whip
- 30 grams banana slices
- Add banana creme pie Jello pudding mix to the container of Two Good greek yogurt.
- Mix well and spread on the bottom of a container.
- Layer half the cookies on top of the yogurt mixture.
- Add and combine the Cool Whip to the remaining yogurt mixture. Spread it on top of yogurt and cookie layers.
- Add the remaining cookies and banana slices to the top.