Competition prep is in full swing. As of today, I have six cardio sessions a week. For me, it means finding something to watch while I am knocking out cardio.
I generally like a show that I can binge watch many episodes at once or at least seam together over a few days.
I want to share a few that I have watched or plan to watch. A couple of these will have new seasons starting soon.
Binge watch show suggestions:
- Grey’s Anatomy on Netflix. I had only watched an episode here and there up until last year during prep. First I read Year of Yes, which led me to the show. I was able to go through every season as I prepared for shows in 2018.
- Jack Ryan on Amazon Prime. There is only one season so far. If you liked 24, you will like this.
- Shameless on Showtime. It’s about the Gallaghers, a family of six kids raised by the oldest, Fiona. They have to use their heads to survive as they straddle the law and their own morality.
- Grace and Frankie on Netflix. I have never laughed so much. The show stars Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin as Grace and Frankie. The two retired women whose husbands work together as successful divorce lawyers. At the start of the show, their husbands leave their wives after announcing they’ve fallen in love with each other, leaving the two women to deal with their incoming divorces with each other.
- Ozark on Netflix. It’s a mix of a family crime drama crossed with personal ambition. You think you know who is running the show in this family until you don’t.
- Bosch on Amazon Prime. Based on Michael Connelly‘s bestselling books, the series follows a LAPD homicide detective, as he pursues the killer of a 13-year-old boy while standing trial on accusations that he murdered a suspected killer. It also entangles his ex-wife and teenage daughter.
- Riverdale on Netflix. I will admit that I only started watching this because of Luke Perry’s death. This is like the 90210 phenomenon, is a true to form including typical teen problems: dating, school, family problems, and murder.
What recommendations do you have? I am always looking for something new to watch.