While I absolutely love pancakes, I am unable to have the pancakes that I whip up for my lil man. However, I found a way to take my first meal ingredients to create egg white oatmeal protein pancakes. They’re definitely not hard to make, which is great because I was beat after running with the girls this morning.
I had my morning check-in of pics with my coach yesterday and although she is happy and think I am on schedule for a June competition, I still see the work that needs to be done. So, a good four mile run was needed. I put in the work for fasted cardio and now I can really enjoy these pancakes.
If you are like me and can’t enjoy buttermilk pancakes for the moment, you might want to try my breakfast recipe a try.
The new cycle of my meal plan called for a medium carb day. And because Eboni has been bragging about her pancakes, I figured I would do the same instead of my traditional oatmeal with blueberries and egg scramble.
If you like protein pancakes or if you’re looking for a protein pancake recipe that doesn’t include dairy or protein powder, I say give it a shot.
Egg White Oatmeal Protein Pancakes
- 1 cup egg whites
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1 packet Stevia or Stevia drops
- Cinnamon to taste
- Spray pan with cooking spray and heat over a medium high heat
- Stir all ingredients together until combined and pour in pan
- When the pancake begins to turn white and the edges of the pancake begins to harden, flip and cook for another minute
- Top with syrup, nut butter or fresh fruit. I used Walden Farms syrup and blueberries.
Do you like protein pancakes? What is your favorite way to make them?